Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can't stop the coffee racer

No, seriously... I crashed it into the back of a Toyota Fortuner last week, proving that 35 year old wooden blocks do not compare well with triple disk Brembo brakes. I thought I was compensating for the added stopping distance required, but obviously not enough. Earned myself a smashed headlight + mounting ear and a nice fat bruise on my upper thigh. Not to mention the bruise on my ego, or the dent in my wallet the Fortuner bumper's going to make! Makes me appreciate how effortlessly the BMW obeys every rider input, and I'm now set on a dual disk conversion for the Honda.

Sometimes it really feels like this project is going backwards far more than it's progressing.

Smashed headlight bucket + replacement (off a late model 550K)

No comments:

Post a Comment